Here's another awesome work from Danny Riddle! On this piece, Danny shows us step by step how he was able accomplish the design on this epic skateboard! See the steps below:
- Wet sand with 800 grit, clean with
- HR398 and layout flames with ProBand Fineline 1/8” green tape.
- Mask around flames with Autographix masking tape.
- Using 1/16” tape, layout freehand pinstripe designs.
- Carefully cover flames and outlines with mask
- Spray background with a blend of Candy Black (top), Candy Violette (middle) and Candy Pearl SoCal Blue.
- After applying 2 or 3 coats of the black and blue, pull the 1/16” tape to reveal the freehand stripes and tint them with the candies to the desired color.
- Finally, pull all masking from flames and surrounding pinstripes.
3 coats, dry 2 hrs, wet sand with 800 wet paper, 1000 grit, 1500 grit, 2000 grit, 2500 grit 3,000 and finally 5,000.
Polish with CSI products and ready to go!
Installer: Danny Riddle
Clearcoat: HC9500 HI-Speed Impact Clearcoat
Products needed for this look:
- Lemonade Candy Pearl
- Tamgerine Candy Pearl
- OG Red Candy Pearl
Optional but recommended products:
- Finishing & Polishing Products
-HR397 Wax & Grease Remover Or HR397W (Waterbased version)
-HR398 Final Wipe (anti static & light cleaning)
-Tamco T-Cups - Spray gun cup liner system
All products needed to recreate this look is available by clicking the above links! Tamco Paint provides high quality refinishing products for all jobs, whether custom paint, restoration, industrial, collision, or DIY!